Friday, June 27, 2008

Jumpin' Into July

Well, July 4th came and went and we have yet to see a fireworks show. Turns out Jed is terribly afraid of fireworks and ends up in hysterics if he hears them. Ugh . . . Everyone is assuring me that he will grow out of it. I sure hope so, because I love fireworks and miss them! On to the pictures!
Our first family photo together. I still can't believe that Jed has a "nice" smile rather than a big, goofy, open-mouthed grin. Being a housewife/stay-at-home mom is great! Until they both start crying at the same time. But moments like this one make it all worth while. I had run into the house to get us a drink. Came out to see this . . . so I had to run back into the house for the camera. By that time Jed figured out that I had seen him being sweet with Stella and had gotten up. So, to be honest, I made him pose for this one. It's still perfect!
This one was all him! What a little stinker!
Jed's still enjoying his basketball hoop. Jarrod has had to raise it twice all ready this summer! He does a great job and makes lots of buckets, even though he missed here. I thought his expression was too good to pass up!
What a helper Jed is! He was very interested in Stella's bath time so I asked if he wanted to help. He did a great job keeping her warm by continually pouring water over her. We did need to remind him a few times not to pour the water in her mouth.
Stella is just too cute! Honestly, I would love to have a picture of her cuddled up in her towel like we have with Jed. Soon she'll have enough neck & head control to do so! She's getting so strong.
We have been in search of a good sprinkler. This happens to be our third. The first was good for first time/summer in the sprinkler - it was Elmo shaped and would either mist or shoot one stream into the air. The second is a lady bug one that looked like it had a ton of potential - lots of streams in all directions out from the middle. Turned out that it couldn't get the water higher than about 10 inches off the ground and was not exciting at all! This one is great! It shoots water in all directions, has great water pressure - you can get the water quite high in the air and it has one super bonus feature (other than serving as a good drinking fountain). Notice the orange spiral tube - you put balls into it and they roll to the bottom and get launched by the water out of the green center tube. If you have the sprinkler standing straight upright, the ball will suspend in the stream of water (yea for Bernoulli's principle! [yes, I once taught Physics]).
Here's a synopsis of the conversation happening for the next picture:
Jed: Nose!
Mom: Did water go up your nose?
Jed: Yeeaaaaahh (slightly embarassed)
Kinda got a cute bath towel pic at the next bathtime. I just missed a smirky smile.
After church on Sunday, I thought I'd try to get a few cute shots of her in the pink polka dot outfit that I absolutely love! What a profile! What an adorable button nose!
It is difficult to get a good picture of the Stella. She's either wiggling too much or making a frowny or serious face. This one turned out pretty well.
Pretty girls in pink!
She changes so much over short periods of time . . . I'm sure this is not new to most of you . . .
I can't get over how precious she is.
Last week I was washing Jed's sheets which meant that he got to nap in the big bed. I was pretty pooped too, so after reading books, I think I fell asleep first. When I woke up I was sandwhiched between my precious babies. I hope I never ever forget how great that felt - to have them so close and so sweet. Since no one was around to take a picture for me, I have to just imagine myself inbetween the two.

1 comment:

Tasha McRaniels said...

What a blessing family you have and sounds like your 4th of july weekend went well and love the photos of your children! :)